Sony Cyber-shot DSC-P2 review

Started Dec 12, 2002 | User reviews
Max Z
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-P2 review
Dec 12, 2002

I was looking for an affordable highly-compact digital camera that had 2MP and a nice lens (2x-3x optical zoom).
Well, I discovered this and much more when I used the DSC-P2. Very nice structure, plenty of functions and very easy to use; this camera takes nice pics. I'm a SONY lover so maybe that's one of the reasons I like this camera the most.
The LCD has a cover and the camera's body is 90% aluminium, so it wont break easily and it will fit very confortable in your hand.
It has a nice HQX mode(movie time limited only by the memory stick's size) with sound that could be used for taking short (about 4min.) clips, this migth be fun for you.
Of course its still a 2MP DC so if you are looking for something more powerfull try 3, 4 or 5MP for amateur o pro photography.
I defenetly would recomend this camera!

Problems:

The flash creates a little barrel distortion, overall when using a plain color background. But images are sharp enough.
It has the basic functions while other manufacturers are including more benefits in small 2MP cameras, but I guess its OK.
The battery could last longer, and the memory stick could be larger; so I would also recomend buying extra power and memory.

Max Z's score
Average community score
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads