HP Photosmart C215 review

Started Dec 27, 2002 | User reviews
Critterslave
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
HP Photosmart C215 review
Dec 27, 2002

I bought my camera in October of 2001, and I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of pictures it takes and how simple it is to use.

Since most of my picture taking is done indoors, I got an inexpensive AC adapter (not the one recommended by HP that costs 1/3 to 1/2 of the camera price either) and it really saves on batteries. When I do take my camera with me, I use rechargeable batteries and to save them even further I use the AC adapter to download the pictures to my computer, which downloading alone will eat through a lot of batteries.

The macro feature on this camera is great, and I have gotten some really wonderful pictures using it, even in dark rooms.

It is not a camera meant for action shots, and anyone trying to get action pictures from it will be very disappointed. The shutter speed and time between pictures is way too slow for action. However, I have found that by depressing and holding the button just a little (until you hear the first click) it will prepare the camera for the next picture and take it much faster, and you might get a couple of decent action shots even if they aren't the ones you hoped to get.

This is a great camera for beginners or anyone doing still photography!

You can see pictures I have taken with the 215 on my website at: http://twinkletoesmom.tripod.com
ALL the pictures on this site were taken with the 215.

Problems:

I found there are no major problems with the camera itself that can't be overcome as long as one adapts the way they take pictures.

One thing that could be a major issue for a lot of people (although I haven't run into with my camera since I haven't had need of it, but have with other HP products and can only assume they are like that with all their products) is that tech support is the worst anyone could ever ask for.

Critterslave's score
Average community score
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads