Sony Cyber-shot DSC-P9 review

Started Feb 5, 2003 | User reviews
faisal
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-P9 review
Feb 5, 2003

The fact that it is so small is the reason I bought it, the size, being the most important factor -In my opinion it has the best image quality, and ease of use within the range of really small/portable cameras.

I considered buying the Canon Powershot which does have options to overide various settings manually, and does have a better image, but it was larger than the P9. This would defeat my objective of being able to carry a camera around anywhere. I also was not that botherd about manual settings - all I want to do is point and shoot and get the best image possible with a camera that is small enough to carry in a trouser pocket without making you look "well hung".

The fact it is so small means I practically carry the camera everywhere , and hence get the shots I normally would'nt. I considred the Minolta Dimage X for size but did not like the images it produced - i.e very soft and no sharp definitions of lines.

I have a 256MB Memory stick, so space is no problem - got a good deal on Ebay - about £45-50.

I became a father 5 months ago, so must have taken about 2000 pictures - It is fantastic.

Developing wise I've been using www.photobox.co.uk - it's about 27pence for normal size photographs including 1st class postage. I'll never use a 35mm or APS camera again !!!

Link to some pictures below:

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/faisalc.rm/lst?.dir=/Baby+Girl&.view=t

Problems:

no case supplied
flash is off by default - can you set this to on by default ?
supplied memory stick is too small

faisal's score
Average community score
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads