Pentax Optio 330RS review

Started Feb 11, 2003 | User reviews
Page1
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Pentax Optio 330RS review
Feb 11, 2003

This is an excelent camera for the money. Like many others who have posted a review of this camera, I had the intention of getting a Canon digital elph and was talked into the 330RS by a store sales clerk. (It did help that the store was sold out of the canons at the time). I was attracted to this camera by its' manual mode and three times zoom.
My main complaint is the slow and picky auto focus proformance. The slow proformance means that taking action shots is very hard. (ie any thing where the subject is moving) If you don't take the time to find a focus before you take a shot, most of the time the resultant picture will be out of focus. This is quite a major problem and somewhat confounding since the picture is usualy more out of focus than the LCD monitor. In other words, when the camera can't find a focus it gives up and puts itself entirely out of focus.
That said, when this camera is used with patience it takes great pictures. In an in store comparison between this camera and the three megapixel elph, the pentax displayed noticeably greater picture quality than the elph. A picture was taken with each camera of the same subject. The picture the Pentax took had better colour and sharpness.

Page1's score
Average community score
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads