Fujifilm FinePix 6800 Zoom review

Started Mar 9, 2003 | User reviews
K.Tanner
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Fujifilm FinePix 6800 Zoom review
Mar 9, 2003

I have used the camera now for over 15 months and am still astonished by the quality of the images which I find are far superior to my Canon AE1 bodies with marque lenses.
Major disappointment though in the handling, the body is far too slippery, the shutter release at the wrong angle and too close to the edge of the camera for even small hands. Keeping it steady is not easy even though I often use a chest pod.
The need to continually move the camera away from my eye (I invariably use the optical viewfinder as most of my shots are outdoor/landscape) to change settings is annoying and makes for slow operation.
A remote facility would have been v welcome.
That said I am still delighted with the results.
Unlike some of the reviewers I have had some v impressive night shots although I agree that the flash is only marginal.
I frequently use MediaChance software to enhance the results even further.

Problems:

Just one built-in problem: it's too easy to unlatch the access door to the SmartCard. Twice this has happened, the card flicked out whilst the camera was switched on and the second time it was damaged beyond repair. No amount of cajoling could reformat it. The door is now securely held shut with a strip of tape. As I use a 128Mb card there is little need to replace it in normal use.
I find that it's not a good idea to try to manipulate images from the PC eg rotate, resize or reload using the software provided or that supplied with XP Pro. Whilst the camera will write the images it refuses to read them!

K.Tanner's score
Average community score
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads