Pentax Optio 330GS review

Started Mar 26, 2003 | User reviews
R Porter
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Pentax Optio 330GS review
Mar 26, 2003

I have had this camera for about a month and really like it. I love the form factor and features. All plastic but top build quality, with the possible exception of the rubber port covers. However, as I also bought a CF card reader, I don't intend to use them very often.

Looked first at the 230 last summer but wanted a 3mp camera. This fills the need. Unfortuantely it was just replace by the Optio33L, with a 360 deg swivel LDC instead of the 330GS's 180 deg LCD, which, frankly is a bit of a farse, but really not a negative, since most people will seldom use it. Hope the 33L is as good/better. The 330GS is now a discontinued model so act fast if you want one. I wish Pentax would follow Canon's and Fuji's examples and offer models to the market for more than 6 - 8 months.

Still, an excellent camera and outstanding features value. VERY easy to use and learn the more advanced features. Night shot mode is very good.

Software is adequate, but Canon's SW package is superior to ACDSee, in my opinion. Still, the automatic adjustment/settings do a decent job. Much better than what Kodak offers with cameras in this price range.

Really good camera. I'm happy so far.

Problems:

Nil so far. Need to buy NiMh batteries/charger and 128Mb CF card, but this applies to almost all digicams.

R Porter's score
Average community score
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads