Sony Cyber-shot DSC-P9 review

Started Apr 2, 2003 | User reviews
Marc Kollar
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-P9 review
Apr 2, 2003

Small, daily use cameras with lots of useful features.

I found this camera to be exceptionally easy to use. I bought it the day before I flew out to Super Bowl 37. Without the manual or any training on how to use the thing, I was able to take 296 pictures over the course of four days and three short movies.

This camera is perfect for those who need to take pictures that are clear, crisp and can be downloaded quickly without a lot of hassle. Insurance adjusters, real estate agents, clubbers, and those who just like to take pictures will find it useful and fun.

For all the complaints I've read about the battery, I don't find it to be a major problem. Even if you are using the LCD screen all the time, you still wind up with about an hour or more of battery time. For those who are constantly using the camera and will not be near a plug to charge the battery, a second battery might not be a bad investment.

Problems:

There are only two minor complaints. One is the size of the MemoryStick that comes with the camera. At a street price of $89.00, a 128 MB Stick might be a bit pricey, but the Lexar Memory Sticks are just as good. The second complaint is that Sony still insists upon using the brick for the charger. It's ludicrous that the brick is actually one and a half times larger than the camera and almost 20 times larger than the battery being charged. If only someone could come up with a micro-sized charger to address this, it would take care of a lot.

Marc Kollar's score
Average community score
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads