Fujifilm Finepix 30i review

Started Jun 29, 2003 | User reviews
Abbas
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Fujifilm Finepix 30i review
Jun 29, 2003

It is somehow a great multi media device for young non-professional users. The multi-function aspect makes it quite "useful" in taking pictures, recording short video and audio clips, playing MP3s, and acting as a webcam as a toy...
But The best words i would say about this camera is that " It is like A Jack Of All Trades, Master Of None".
I've bought it 2 weaks ago and I'm really satisfy with some of it's features like:its very nice and easy to use design,its nice remote which works in camera, recorder, and MP3 mode,its high quality close-up pictures or that of which have taken in enough light,its feature of playing back MP3s also voice and movie capturing with low battry consumption and the last important trait which is the afordable price .
IN CONTRAST,some of its features is pretty disappointing.
This camera BLOWS in low light conditions(seems worse than others) no thanks to the not-so-great shutter speed,Again,you can not count on the flash for distances more than 3 meters,So if you don't have a VERY steady hand when there isn't sun out after say 7 pm in the summer or on a cloudy day during the afternoon and you're not forcing manual, expect big smudges for pictures (it won't look like it on the LCD, nice nasty surprise when you get home).
Another problem is that there is no optical zoom, though that was expected for a camera this compact. I didn't think this would be an issue, but you'll REALLY want optical zoom after this.
And the last problem is that All the controls for brightness, contrast, hue, color and so forth are greyed out when it works as a web cam in the low light conditions thus The image is extremely dark and i have not found any way to correct this till now.
"BUT GENERALLY IT REALLY COST FOR THE MONEY"

Abbas's score
Average community score
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads