Sony Cyber-shot DSC-P9 review

Started Jul 3, 2003 | User reviews
Daniel Tan Z.H.
Junior MemberPosts: 30
Like?
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-P9 review
Jul 3, 2003

DSC-P9 vs new models. (Good, but get the new ones.)

DSC-P9 was my first digital camera and it has been one year since I'm using it. Its overall performance is commendable and I still think this is the best snap shot digicam amongst its competitors. Now, DSC-P9 is my main camera for all ocassions thanks to its compact size and light weight.

The features of this camera is only enough for those who want to 'snap' photos. It only has auto mode which was one of the main cons of this camera. No apature adjustment, small range of shutter speed.... sigh.

This camera, nevertheless, has its advantages. The movie mode is awesome, which allows you to record as long as you want to (if your memory stick permits it) and the sound reception (the clarity of sound) is great. Night scene is commendable as I have took many evening beach views and dawn skies using this mode. The outcome was acceptable, but will be better if you use a tripod.

In a nutshell, DSC-P9 was one of the best amongst its kind. Nonetheless, newer models are coming up which support Memory Stick Pro. Don't opt for DSC-P9 if you want to get a new digicam. Get the later models of Sony with better features and support.

Problems:

No external battery charger, can't use when charging battery.

Daniel Tan Z.H.'s score
Average community score
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads