Nikon Coolpix 800 review

Started Aug 8, 2003 | User reviews
Bob Leifer
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
Nikon Coolpix 800 review
Aug 8, 2003

Extremely pleased with this camera for more than 3 years, then the problems below started. The camera still takes great photos, though. Just bought a Fuji Finepix 3800; after a week of using it, my conclusion is the old Nikon coolpix 800 takes sharper photos. I returned the Fuji and bought a Canon A70, which I am happy with so far and will review it in the Canon area

Problems:

After 3 years of being extremely happy with this camera's usability, and in my opinion excellent photos, it started to "act up". I have recommended this camera to 4 friends who each bought the camera soon after I got mine, and they are all starting to exhibit the same problems, so it must be a common problem with this camera. When you turn the camera on and go to the view function, the camera shuts itself off immediately unless you coninuously hold down the shutter button. Also, sometimes the camera locks up, and the only way to shut it off is to remove the batteries. Nikon wants $180 US to repair the camera. I guess I will just continue to use it, as it still takes good photos, untill it dies completely and then I will buy a new camera for about 300-400 dollars.

Bob Leifer's score
Average community score
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads