HP Photosmart 720 review

Started Aug 9, 2003 | User reviews
DeAnna Durham
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
HP Photosmart 720 review
Aug 9, 2003

I paid $270.00 at Sears last December 2002
I do like the camera. It is a little heavy. I it is my first digital camera so I am getting use to this type of taking pictures. I am not happy with the images outside in the sun. I have to use the flash for fill if I am taking pictures in the sun. To much light and to many shadows. I do like being able to change the picture speeds. I wish it would keep then new setting though. When it is turned off it goes back to Auto. The lens doesn't open well. I have to kind of touch it to get it to open all the way. They told me to reprogram it but didn't help. It is very slow to save to the sd card. I was able to put a 256 memory card in and it works very well. I got the rechargable batteries and the power cord so recharging on a trip is no problem I was going though batteries like crazy! I love the burst feature. the camera is slow to react to focasing. The moves are very good on it, kind of fun. If you are taking pictures of children or grand children don't count on getting the picture you want. It doesn't focas fast enough It does take great pictures if you use the three stars setting with all the right speed settings for the light. I do usally have to change the ISO setting. I did win a photo contest with one of my photos using the cloud setting on a rainy day. It takes very good pictures on zoom or on up close objects. Flowers are very clear and the color is great. My son got the camera modal just up from mine. (4meg pix) I would much rather have this one!. I do love having a digital camera but won't give up my Canon 35mm at improtant events or with my grandchildren. Over all it is a good camera for the money

Problems:

lens sticks all the time.
Slow to save.
Slow to focas.
On button doesnt work unless pushed 2 to 3 times. Lighting outside in full sun or bright day is too light on the lights and too dark on the darks.
In low light very slow to focas
zoom is hard to use if you can't see the screen which is imposable to see out side if there is any light. It is off centered if you are looking throught the view finder.

DeAnna Durham's score
Average community score
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads