Pentax Optio 33L review

Started Aug 20, 2003 | User reviews
Matias Carnemolla
Regular MemberPosts: 163
Like?
Pentax Optio 33L review
Aug 20, 2003

I was between this one, the Optio S and the Canon A70. I´ve chosen this one cause it was the cheapest. The mobile screen becomes really handy in every situation. Also great functions like 3D and panorama, very rare in this type of cameras. I trusted Pentax with the lense, cause I´ve been using Pentax SLR & lenses almost all my life and I must say, most are of very good quality, but this one isnt SMC, and quality could be better(I may have expected too much of it..). Macro is very good. Menus are really something worth mention,,,excelent work there Pentax,,,Overall,,,now that I´ve tried it and used it for my own needs, I must say I wouldnt choose a different one,,,,except a digital SLR(ist*D) but I dont have the money....

Problems:

-No viewfinder,,,but not a bigdeal,,,
-Upper left portion of lense little blur, but only at full wide-angle lense position...really hard to tell...
-You cant control shutter speed or diaphram,,,only ISO speeds,,canon A70 & A60 you can
-shooting with low lights-no flash recommend to stay completely still...,,,
-lense quality could be better,,,or at least SMC like the Optio S
-EV(+) compensation REALLY NECESSARY!!!indoor with or without flash at least +0.7 to +1.3 ... depends on the personal taste...

Matias Carnemolla's score
Average community score
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads