Olympus D-390 (C-150) review

Started Sep 13, 2003 | User reviews
Shane11
New MemberPosts: 14
Like?
Olympus D-390 (C-150) review
Sep 13, 2003

This is my first digicam, so far I'm pleased with it.

***EDIT***
I took the camera back after a week, nothing was wrong with it, I was just unhappy with the lack of optical zoom or manual functions. I purchased a Canon A70. Very very nice camera.
***END OF EDIT***

Image quality is not that great to be honest, but it isn't terribly bad.. The main problem is the focus. It's hard to get a really good focused shot. But that's what you get for the money you spend. Images taken outside in bright light come out well, darker indoor areas not so well.

The batteries last for quite a while, much longer than I expected. Very impressed with that.

It's extremely easy to use, any novice should have no problems with it.

The main downside to this camera is the lack of fan optical zoom feature, though I guess you can't really expect to have optical zoom when you're only spending this small amount for a camera. The D-560 does have optical zoom.

One cool thing is that you can copy+paste any kind of file onto your camera's memory card, such as mp3s, then bring it over to a friend's house and transfer onto that person's computer. This is probably a feature of a lot of cameras, but I thought I'd point that out.

Problems:

At one point the camera refused to turn on, it would just beep over and over for a minute, then shut itself off. I replaced the batteries and it worked just fine. The weird part is that the batteries were working just fine 5 minutes before, and the battery indicator on the camera also said they were fully charged. If you do buy one of these, remember this.

Shane11's score
Average community score
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads