Olympus Stylus 300 (mju 300 Digital) review

Started Nov 6, 2003 | User reviews
BigH
Junior MemberPosts: 44
Like?
Olympus Stylus 300 (mju 300 Digital) review
Nov 6, 2003

I bought this camera when it was very new on the market and despite the high price (around £340 in the UK) it was clearly one of the best around. A comparison with the then new Fuji 410 (even set to its interpolation max of 6MP) when printed showed it to be superior. Now you can get one for £250 sterling the 300 is a superb point and shoot camera. The rugged, weather proof case makes it ideal for the active amatuer photographer. It is light and fits into a poket or small bag very easily. Options are good for a small point & shoot. The colour and clarity of this little unit in good sunlight is every bit as good as my C5050!

Problems:

Start up, while not slow, could be a bit quicker. The clam shell design is a good idea but the lense cover does not lock in place when closed and I have managed to open it and turn the camera on in my pocket once or twice. Battery life is fine except when using the flash but that is nothing unusual for a camera of this size. The worst thing is that the great looks and compact size mean that once your wife sees it, you won't again!

BigH's score
Average community score
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads