Kyocera Finecam SL300R review

Started Nov 7, 2003 | User reviews
Jose Castas
New MemberPosts: 8
Like?
Kyocera Finecam SL300R review
Nov 7, 2003

I was looking for an ultracompact that let me tweak things at the same time and had reasonable quality. The SL300R looked like the best deal around, and so far is living up to the expectations. First of all the form factor is the best of this camera. Its complitely square when closed, so it doesnt have any weird edges or bumps. Its the best thing I've seen around to slip it into your pocket and forget about it.
This little baby is blazingly fast too. Startup time is like a second or two, and you can take pictures right away. The burst mode does indeed take 3fps at the full resolution, good. You can also record movies till you feel the media which most cameras dont.

Problems:

The lens does not have a cover so its easy to end putting ur finger on it. The camera comes with a keychain wiper, which I found funny.
The pictures are a little bit on the noisy side on high ISOs, but with enough lights things seems to be ok. Don't expect SLR quality from little baby, just good pictures from a good very portable ultracompact.

Jose Castas's score
Average community score
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads