Nikon Coolpix SQ review

Started Nov 23, 2003 | User reviews
dhend
Junior MemberPosts: 26
Like?
Nikon Coolpix SQ review
Nov 23, 2003

I have been interested in this camera for some time but because of many negative reviews I have been reluctant to purchase. To help make a decision, I took my own memory card to a local shop and took 6 indoor/flash shots inside the store and the same number of outdoor shots on a very bright sunny afternoon. The indoor shots seemed fine to me (very little noise) and the outdoor shots were excellent with none of the problems mentioned by some users. All the shots were sharp and clear with good color and detail. You could see some noise in the shadow areas but on my 4x6 dye-sub prints they were barely noticable.

I'm wondering if some users have gotten defective cameras? The salesman in the camera store did say that the lens on this camera was slow and that it needs a good source of light to produce reasonable images. So the camera certainly isn't without its limitations, but from what some users have said here, it sounds like their cameras are defective. Even my indoor shots inside the store in very dim flourescent lighting came out pretty good and sharp.

Problems:

Not in short experience with the camera

dhend's score
Average community score
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads