Sony Cyber-shot DSC-P32 review

Started Nov 27, 2003 | User reviews
Edwin Powe
New MemberPosts: 8
Like?
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-P32 review
Nov 27, 2003

This is a good little point-and-click camera that fits easily in your pocket. Photos outdoors are sharp and clear with good colour. I use it for 6x4ins "happy snaps" of my family, friends and places, to go in the family photo album. It is ideal for this. I like the option of the manual settings available. Battery charge life is good. I like the AA size batteries which means you can use ordinary alkaline batts, available anywhere, in an emergency. I like the wide-ish angle (33mm equiv film) fixed lens. I prefer fixed, not tele, for this sort of camera anyway. Instruction manual is comprehensive and good. Macro, to 4 ins, is good. The flash level for indoor shots is good, provided you manually set to ISO 400.

Problems:

For indoor pictures with flash, the Auto setting for ISO doesn't seem to go high enough. To get good pictures, one needs to go to Program mode and manually set it to ISO 400. It would be nice if it set automatically to 400 in the Auto position.
Every time one charges the batteries, you need to remove them from the camera. It would be nice if there was a plug-in battery charge socket (like on a cell phone), to save wear and tear on the batt compartment cover.
The LCD viewfinder screen is not sharp enough. More pixels please. Also, the icons on the screen need to be bigger please. They're too small to see clearly, even with spectacles on.
The LCD viewfinder is unviewable outdoors and one has to use the optical viewfinder. At least provide a better viewfinder. The image is too small on the one provided.

Edwin Powe's score
Average community score
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads