Olympus Stylus 300 (mju 300 Digital) review

Started Jan 5, 2004 | User reviews
perfectionist
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
Olympus Stylus 300 (mju 300 Digital) review
Jan 5, 2004

Easy to use, sometimes has given me very nice pictures. Movie mode is bad, however, as the optical zoom can't be used and digital zoom, as always, is horrid. My second digital camera, I'm actually looking for more, as its jpeg pictures leave much to be desired sometimes. I wonder if weatherproof is useful or a gimic since the included literature all says "if it gets wet wipe it off immediately or it will break" basically, which I would think would be ok on other cameras too. The battery life is really good, though the controls are very limited and deleting pictures as well as previewing while the lens is out are both obnoxiously difficult. Actually I usually can't get it to preview while open, so I have to slide the lens cover shut, preview, then re-open and its much slower that way.

Problems:

Low-light pictures have probelms as others have mentioned. Using 'night-scene' mode i thought I might get a portrait shot and it opened the shutter for 3 seconds. Before I realized it was still open (literally 3) I had dragged lines of light all over my picture. For the price it needs to be improved, even with the $40 rebate.

perfectionist's score
Average community score
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads