Sony Cyber-shot DSC-P32 review

Started Jan 6, 2004 | User reviews
Muzzy
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-P32 review
Jan 6, 2004

I purchased the P32 just a little before Christmas for a fairly good price tag after comparing prices on the net. As a first time digital user, I must say that I'm very satisfied with this little camera. Apart from the optical zoom its has many of the features a point and shoot camera would need. My first choice was actually the Canon A300 which was said to have good photo quality and alot of features on the side. But when I got to the store I seen the P32 and in terms of contruction it was way better than the Canon. Features were not much different and you can't expect much difference between two cameras of this range (point-shoot).

Smart zoom is better than nothing, although it can only be used on 2mp and less, so I use it for my 4x6" photos and 3.2 without zoom for bigger printouts. The other advantage over the Canon was that it has video out to plug into TV. The video recording is also only limited by your memory stick.

Problems:

I find that I need to enhance my pictures once I transfer them to my PC. In other words the pics taken with this camera come out a bit dark. This is mostly apparent with indoor photos, outdoor photos come out nice and bright.
I haven't really played with the features so I may be able to get better results by doing this.

The rechargable batteries do not last as long as other recharbables (although they still last long). The Sony nIMH's that come with the camera are 2100mAH and I purchased 1800mAH with charger and they last longer.

LCD could have had some more pixels for clarity. Also, the menu icons are very small like some other reviewers have suggested.

Apart from the slight darkness in pictures, VERY easy to use, good quality lens and useful features. An impressive camera!

Muzzy's score
Average community score
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads