Pentax Optio 33LF review

Started Feb 3, 2004 | User reviews
jim park
Forum MemberPosts: 67
Like?
Pentax Optio 33LF review
Feb 3, 2004

This is my 4th Digital Camera... I have used Olympus 4040, Fuji S602Z, Canon S230? (my brother's) and the new Pentax Optio 33LF. Main purpose of this camera is to take snap shots at social gatherings. And so far I am very happy with output that this camera produces. To my surprise, auto white balance seems to work better than my S602Z. However there are little more visible noise than any other camera I own. Like other reviewers mentioned, I am really enjoying the unique features not found in this price range such as swirlving LCD and easy and fast camera operations. Buttons are well placed out and slide feature for reviewing adds definate 'fun' factor.
Overall, I am very satisfied with my purchase and I recommend this camara to anyone who wants to take a good quality pictures for web sharing and maybe even small prints.

Problems:

here's some minor complaints....

Rubber Piece covering usb connector seems like it's not going to survive 6months... becoming loose already after 4days of use..

plastic body... feels like I am holding a toy camera sometimes.. should be okay as long as I don't drop it.

Included software (ACDSee) says I have the invalid serial number that it refused to install.. well?

jim park's score
Average community score
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads