Started Apr 2, 2004 | User reviews
CNelson
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Pentax Optio 33LF review
Apr 2, 2004

Problem with Camera

Problems:

This is my first digital camera. I have used a number of different types for work, so I kind of knew what I was looking for and I thought I made a great choice at first. The usability of the camera and the 3x optical zoom are great, but I have had 2 major problems with the camera, and I'm going to either ask for a replacement (hoping I just got a lemon) or a refund and buy something else.

The camera has never been able to actually connect to my computer with the USB cable. I have windows XP, and this should be a plug and play device, but it won't connect properly. I tried it on a friend's XP machine and it wouldn't work there either.

Then, I had a major problem. When I turned the camera on, the lens started to come out like normal, but then the camera suddenly started making an ugly buzzing noise. After a few seconds the buzzing noise stopped and the camera shut down. It is currently sent away for repair, but based on the problems I've had so far, I don't think I want this particular camera back. I hope it's just a lemon, because I really liked the camera otherwise, especially the flip-out screen.

CNelson's score
Average community score
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads