Kyocera Finecam SL400R review

Started Jun 17, 2004 | User reviews
John Brubaker
Regular MemberPosts: 388
Like?
Kyocera Finecam SL400R review
Jun 17, 2004

I've had this camera for about a week now. It is not my first or only digital camera - I also have a Pentax *ist digital SLR and a Sony 717 (for infrared photos). The Kyocera is the camera that stays in my pocket all the time, and for that purpose it is an excellent choice. This camera fits nicely into a jeans pocket, and you hardly know it's there. The images are more than adequate for prints up to 8x10 inches, and the lens is sharp from edge to edge. The only way I can fault this camera is for its dim light focusing - which is not very good. I can, however, use manual preset focus in situations where the camera cannot auto focus. The Kyocera is very fast in operation - ready for the first picture quickly after powering up, and very fast to shoot after pushing the button. I really enjoy the swivel body, and find that I take many pictures at waist level without holding the camera up to my eyel. This is a very capable snap-shot camera, and is just what I hoped it would be when I ordered it from Amazon.com.

John Brubaker's score
Average community score
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads