Konica KD-510 Zoom review

Started Jun 29, 2004 | User reviews
mikeS
New MemberPosts: 22
Like?
Konica KD-510 Zoom review
Jun 29, 2004

The Minolta G500 is the best value for the money of any 5 mgpxl camera I ever tried. For $279 at Costco, it can't be beat. I returned two Minolta A2 because it was so inconsistant. This compact camera takes better pictures than the A2 at same megapixl and optical zoom.The G500 can't take RAW pictures but so what.I get fabulous 8X10's with the G500 I carry it with me all the time and you can't do that with a big camera.This camera was designed by Konica and I think they are smarter than Minolta because this is one fine little camera that serves all my needs for now. The features are topside and easy to use so that you don't have to go into the menus.You can reduce the amount of flash for close shots.The main flash is extra bright and lights up an entire room. I can take perfect pictures in a completly dark room up to 10 feet from subject.There must be some tricky math going on to do this. When a better camera comes out I will be happy to buy it and give this one to my grandson .

Problems:

No problems. It took awhile to figure out all the extra features and I had to print out the full manual from the CD to find some of them.I called Minolta techs and they didn't know all the features either.The manual has everything but isn't as easy as it should be The case has a silver metallic finish and I like the professional looking bkack finish but this is no problem.

mikeS's score
Average community score
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads