Fujifilm FinePix 2600 Zoom review

Started Jul 21, 2004 | User reviews
Grumple Dumple
Forum MemberPosts: 97
Like?
Fujifilm FinePix 2600 Zoom review
Jul 21, 2004

The Fujifilm Finepix 2600 was the very first digital camera I ever bought/owned.
That was like...I don't know... 3 or 4 years ago.
Since then I have gone overboard and collected/bought almost 20 digital cameras including some of the best regarded and more expensive models on the market.
And I just wanted to say that although I own all of those cameras I just mentioned (many of which are nothing short of amazing in what they can do) the Finepix 2600 always had something 'special' about it that I have never found in any other digital camera that I have bought or owned.
That is, the images it produced. I was always amazed. Its color capturing ability and the detail capturing ability that this 'little' thing possesses is literally unique and noticeable to me.
After saying all of that you wouldn't expect that I would ever have let my little Finepix 2600 go would you? Well, like a true dummy I gave that little camera away a year or two after I bought it. I guess I must have thought that any other camera I bought after that would have that same 'special color capturing quality'. I have NEVER been able to find that 'special quality' in another camera (including three more Fujifilm cameras that I own). When I discovered the truth about the uniqueness of that 2600 model I set my sights on finding another one, but new ones were no longer plentiful on the market by that time and it was only recently that I found another 2600 at overstock.com and I bought it. I took a chance in that it is a refurbished model but all seems well in that it works just fine and yes those same special color and detail capturing abilities are still present when I look at the pictures.
I would never say that this camera was great for its features or for its construction... but I WOULD say it is great simply for the quality pictures it takes.
The person in the post just previous to this one says: "this camera puts deep and lively color in pictures..." that person is exactly right.

Problems:

There was never a problem encountered with the original when I bought it nor has there been with the factory refurbished one from Overstock so far.

Grumple Dumple's score
Average community score
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads