Pentax Optio 33WR review

Started Aug 6, 2004 | User reviews
Claytonian
New MemberPosts: 5
Like?
Pentax Optio 33WR review
Aug 6, 2004

I wanted a good pocket camera to use when I didn't want or was unable to carry around my G2 and accessories. I decided to go with the 33WR because of it's size, water resistance, image quality, and price.

So far I have been very happy with my choice. I no longer worry about my camera when I'm taking shots at a pool or in the rain. It takes great shots outdoors but is definitely not an indoor camera. The flash is low power so you need quite a bit of light if you are shooting indoors (which is often not possible). But since I wanted this camera mostly to take outside, this is not a big concern with me. The camera easily fits in my pocket and has a quick start up. I use Rayovac 15 minute recharge batteries and get very long use time out of them.

I am definitely satisfied with my purchase. The camera does exactly what I want it to and is fairly inexpensive. I paid $275 shipped and got my Pentax $50 rebate last week. Add a bigger SD card and some rechargeble batteries and you'll probably be back up to around $300 (and you'll be able to use the SD and batteries in other devices).

Problems:

I do get annoyed at having to check and wipe the lens glass all the time since there is no cover for it. But you get used to just taking a second to check it whenever you pull the camera out of your pocket. LCD is a little difficult to see in bright sunlight. The body of the camera tends to get scuffed up a little as it goes in and out of your pocket.

Claytonian's score
Average community score
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads