Ricoh Caplio RX review

Started Sep 11, 2004 | User reviews
Ingemar Ragnemalm
Regular MemberPosts: 285
Like?
Ricoh Caplio RX review
Sep 11, 2004

Best camera I've ever had! It is my fourth digicam, and by far the nicest, despite somewhat lower image quality than my Olympus 750UZ. The autofocus is superb, very fast ingood light and extremely tolerant to low light. On several other points, it is significanly better designed than the Olympus. Manual focus in one obvious advantage. Menus and controls are very easy to navigate and the most important ones are easiest to find. Even though it lacks PASM modes, you still have most settings that you need. It has very good battery life for a camera powered by only two AA batteries. A bunch of special features like voice memo, interval shooting and continous shooting modes tops it off to a great pocket camera. I will still keep my Olympus for "studio-style" shots and for situations when I need the long zoom, but for everyday shooting, the Ricoh will be in my pocket.

Problems:

Image Capture fails to transfer the AVI files to my Mac. (Probably not the camera's fault, and I can transfer them manually in the Finder.) It is hard to take good photos indoors without using the flash.

Ingemar Ragnemalm's score
Average community score
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads