Fujifilm FinePix F401 Zoom review

Started Oct 28, 2004 | User reviews
Pirate
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Fujifilm FinePix F401 Zoom review
Oct 28, 2004

I was a big proponent if this nifty little camera - so much so that I ended up buying 5 of them over a 1 yr timeframe as presents for others, in addition to one for my personal use. The first sign of trouble was when I was showing one of my friends how to use it and it suddenly died - I thought the battery just died but I replaced it with my personal one and it still didnt work - so I brought it back to the store and they were dumbfounded and sent it back to Fuji for repairs under warranty - 6 weeks later all was well again. But then I got a call from another friend with the same issue - it just went totally dead for no particular reason - so we had that one repaired also. The store said they hadnt seen any problems like this so I just thought it was my bad luck. Well another one died and then the first persons one died AGAIN!. Now they are all out of their 1 yr warranty so repairs are not fiscally viable at this point - Obviously Fuji has some quality control issue that should have been addressed in a recall - this cant be pure random - its a shame because I really liked the camera and features and thought it was well made - but I cant argue the facts - out of 6 cameras, 3 have died (no dropping or abuse) and one has died twice - I am waiting for mine to go now - so I cant say I can ever recommend a Fuji camera to anyone.

Pirate's score
Average community score
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads