HP Photosmart 715 review

Started Nov 16, 2004 | User reviews
Bart Doets
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
HP Photosmart 715 review
Nov 16, 2004

I bought this as my first digital camera, three years ago now; the price then was pretty steep, and absolutely ridiculous when you look at it now - ~600 Euros would get you a real beast of a camera today.
But, I've had lots of fun with it; the lens quality is superb and very few pics turned out poor. I would work on most pics in Photoshop before sending them out to be printed, mostly small prints but I've printed some myself to A4 and I liked the results.
It's now time to part, I'd like something that I can manipulate a bit more and a longer zoom, (and less volume and weight if possible) but this camera really got my wife and me going for digital photography.
It was simple enough for my wife to have fun with it, now she wants something smaller but likewise simple so it looks like we are in for 2 new digital cameras...

Problems:

The shutter is pretty slow, so that's one thing I'll watch out for on my next camera. I made it a habit to carry a spare set of full NmH cells in the pouch, so I was never without batteries.

Bart Doets's score
Average community score
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads