Fujifilm FinePix A340 review

Started Nov 18, 2004 | User reviews
wr1
wr1
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
Fujifilm FinePix A340 review
Nov 18, 2004

I’ve had a Fuji A340 for a week. Testing and playing on the quiet prior to presenting it to my wife a birthday gift. This camera was purchased as a gift for a camera illiterate (no disrespect intended, some just want to turn these things on and it works). It needed it to be reasonable robust to survive in a handbag. Purchase criteria was “ease of use”, “maximum camera lens protection while not in use” and it absolutely had to be a point it that way and press the button camera.
It fits this prerequisite as a very good “grab it from the bag, I’m tough enough” utility camera.

Image quality is very good for a 4meg camera and for the application for which it was purchased will likely rarely see maximum resolution used. The menu options are reasonable simple and navigation is an easy intuitive affair.

Summary:

Good first digital camera with enough built it quality and features to keep the “I’ve got everything in my bag, Oh here’s the camera” user types happy. Upgrading the camera for the general happy snapper picture taker could be at the end of the camera’s life. (I’ll get another one if this one ever breaks, type of thing).

A 128 or 256meg memory card would be a good choice for this camera. XD memory is not something I want to pull out of the camera regularly so the higher capacity is good option. This decision is a flavour thing for the individual user.

Using the AA battery format is a good option and allows the owner to duck into a corner store if your rechargeables give up. My advice is purchase 4 x NiMh 2300 AA batteries, nothing less. This camera houses 2 batteries at a time and the second set of 2 batteries in the camera bag will prove useful. It is possible to use alkaline batteries in a pinch however as is the case with most NON-TOY cameras you suck the alkaline AAs dry in no time. The 2300 NiMH batteries are without a doubt the better option for any high drain device using the AA battery configuration.

If your looking for an entry to mid-level camera the Fuji A340 is not a bad choice and may be the camera that survives the “bugger you’ve got a lot of stuff in there” where’s the camera scenario.

A tidy robust little start-up camera with good features that won’t leave the FIRST time or general happy snapper wanting a quick replacement digital camera disappointed.

Problems:

No problems at this time

wr1's score
Average community score
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads