Casio Exilim EX-Z30 review

Started Dec 3, 2004 | User reviews
mtilden
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
Casio Exilim EX-Z30 review
Dec 3, 2004

I rate myself as a beginner only because the rest of the ratings suggest a "photographer" bent (I have been taking family and vacation photos for decades). I bought this camera based on price, size, then quality output (I'm cheap). I wanted something to start a portfolio of my renovation and remodeling. As well I didn't want to know I had a camara around my neck when skiing or hiking. With a computer systems background I have watched with half interest my friends marvel over thier new toys. Now I'm witnessing first hand just what they pack into these things. I'm guessing most of us will never use most of these features, kind of like buying Word for home wordprocessing.

The Z30 has far exceeded my expectations in all aspects. It is very easy to operate, intuitive fits into a pocket and feels sturdy to the touch.

Caveat; I have not taken any portraite shots yet, but have taken pictures at night and the flash lit up the subject perfectly.

Problems:

It now accompanies my cell phone (mobile for the Brits) and wallet. I'm goint to have to get a purse soon. This won't go over well on the construction sight.

mtilden's score
Average community score
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads