Minolta DiMAGE X review

Started Dec 14, 2004 | User reviews
craiggb
New MemberPosts: 18
Like?
Minolta DiMAGE X review
Dec 14, 2004

After a couple of years of ownership, I have to say this Dimage X has been a terrific little camera. I agree that the image quality is a little low, possibly because of the tiny prime lens, but the internal zoom makes up for that. It still amazes me - and my friends.

Not sure what another reviewer was complaining about regarding the mechanism.. If the camera was new and under warranty, Minolta would have fixed it in the few months he said he owned it. If it was used, then, hey caveat emptor. I HAVE dropped mine from a fair hight and thought it was game over but nope, the camera is fine.

As for the short battery life, I have not experienced this exactly howver one of mine is getting weak due to age (I had two). I if you don't keep these Li-ion batteries working, they can go on you. I have recently bought new ones on eBay for a paltry 4.99 and they are GREAT. Hundreds of shots, with flash!!!

Finally, I note that very few cameras at this level have a TIFF option. This is a cool thing, even if you don't use it much, because I can do more with the image in Photoshop. I just bought a Pentax *ist DS and am just now beginning to appreciate how much power the X has.

Problems:

No problems but the battey need replacing after 2.5 years.
Also, the finger over the lens issue does happen from time to time but we now make sure we hold the camera on the side and it is fine. Habits die hard.

craiggb's score
Average community score
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads