Pentax Optio S4 review

Started Dec 24, 2004 | User reviews
Robert Underwood
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Pentax Optio S4 review
Dec 24, 2004

PERFECTLY SMALL. Incredible battery life! As I write this review, I am charging the battery for only the 4th time since June 2004! Unbelievable. When shopping for a digital camera to replace my 35mm camera, I was either going to get the best camera I could find under $1000, or I was going to get the smallest one I could find. I opted for this camera, and have no regrets. I could not find a smaller digital camera that was at least a 4 megapixel camera. I paid extra for the leather form-fit case and take it with me almost every day, attached to my belt. The printed images have turned out very well. Having a small camera means that it is convenient to carry around, and has subsequently made photography much more fun for me.

Problems:

I only have one functional complaint: the shutter speed seems a little slow, but that is only a problem when I try to rush a shot (e.g., with people smiling and waiting).
Another "potential" problem: I wonder how long the little rubber hinge will last that connects the lid to the battery compartment.

Robert Underwood's score
Average community score
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads