Nikon Coolpix 4200 review

Started Jan 8, 2005 | User reviews
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
gail captain
New MemberPosts: 12
Nikon Coolpix 4200 review
Jan 8, 2005

Nikon 5200 is my 2nd digital, Kodak dx4330 was my 1st. Wanted better video, fast fire up, LOW lighting, macro, more features & over all size. It is all of that, I just spent a long New Years weekend down in Chicago and used the camera a lot. I've learned that I need to know what mode I am in, many of the pic's were blurry. I learned that Auto is the best one. I also experienced that the battery life is not the greatest. It charges fast but I would like a bit longer charge when using it.
What I really like was taking video in very low lighting while the animals were playing in the living room. Could never do that with the first camera.
Video sound is poor, I know about using the zoom feature to hear better. What can I do about the static once I down load it. With all the good features why did Nikon chinch on the camera speaker / Microphone? That's the fun part of playing it back to the party.
Again why is there white sound (static) on the video.
I have taken over 3000 pictures in the 2 yrs I have owned the Kodak dx4330 I know I will surpass this with the Nikon 5200. I purchased a High Speed 1g and you will need it for the video portion which I truly use a lot. Pictures are good and video just adds the special touch with out having to carry another contraption.

Poor sound when in Video play back mode.
Static or white noise on downloaded play back.
I know about keeping in AF single mode too.

gail captain's score
Average community score
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads