Casio QV-R62 review

Started Mar 27, 2005 | User reviews
allentchang
New MemberPosts: 11
Like?
Casio QV-R62 review
Mar 27, 2005

The camera operates extremeley fast and is great to capture spontaneous moments. It feels like a normal film camera. Very easy to operate with my medium sized hands. Metal construction feels solid and can easily fit in a pocket. It runs on AA batteries, which is good because AA batteries are availiable everywhere compared to proprietary batteries. Macro pictures of flowers look sharp with great detail. Great for daytime photos and indoor photos. Good for taking night photos with street light illumination (if not under night scene best shot mode, the camera assigns a shutter speed of 1/8, ISO at 200 for darkest environments).

Problems:

It can take low light and night photography reasonably well under night scene best shot mode, but one needs a tripod because the camera usually assigns a long exposure time of 2 seconds or more. It would be nice to have direct control of the shutter and aperature in such case because I can take reasonably blurry free photos with my hands at shutter speeds as slow as 1/2 seconds and sometimes I don't need the longer exposure automatically set by the camera. Additionally, the noise reduction feature which kicks in at slow shutter speeds takes on average 10 seconds to process. (Canon's A-series cameras do a *much* faster job with noise reduction).

allentchang's score
Average community score
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads