Minolta DiMAGE G500 review

Started Apr 6, 2005 | User reviews
Kanickie
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Minolta DiMAGE G500 review
Apr 6, 2005

I just got this camera a few days ago and it's awesome. I think that many people who have reviewed this camera don't realize that it's made for advanced photographers (even though I am a beginner, I wanted something to grow into). So the lack of easy menus and dials is a non-issu. I ordered it from Abes Of Maine, even though I was a little worried since it's in NY! It's a refurb, which to me offers additional piece of mind, it's been retested and all that. The lack of a longer warranty is the drawback. All of the images have been bright and wonderful even in low light. I really love this camera, it's sturdy,well made and I can carry it in my purse and not miss a minute of my kids. I also got a 512 mb lexar sd card for it at sams club, works great so far! I love all the info on this site to help me learn how to use the advanced manual settings on this camera, too.

Problems:

None so far, have not experienced any of the problems with dark indoor photos or the like, but thanks to the manual settings that can be worked with if it does. Red eye is bad, but most small digicams have this problem. Software takes it right out and my kids have big blue eyes, so it really shows. But like i said, with the software, red eye is completely gone.

Kanickie's score
Average community score
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads