Pentax Optio 43WR review

Started Apr 23, 2005 | User reviews
digital fisherman
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Pentax Optio 43WR review
Apr 23, 2005

I love my Optio 43WR!

dpreview gave me the information needed to choose my perfect camera. I am a fisherman and since the Optio 43WR is water resistant I don't have to worry about it getting ruined by water. The picture quality is great, especially for pictures of fish and outdoor scenes. I especially like the macro setting. The macro pictures of streamside insects are clear and full of intricate detail from as close as 1cm away from the subject.

The video quality is a good as you can expect from a digital camera. Great for taking any length video your memory card can handle at 30 fps.

This camera also has an alarm clock which is perfect when you need to wake up early to go fishing while camping.

The menu and pre-sets are simple and easy to use.

Great choice for my first digital camera.

Thanks for the help dpreview!

Problems:

The lens is covered by a clear glass or plastic to prevent damage to the lens but the covering is exposed to dust because of a lack of a non-functional lens cover. The clear covering requires cleanings every once and a while to wipe the dust away.

The flash cannot fully illuminate some indoor rooms well enough to be used primarilly for indoor use.

digital fisherman's score
Average community score
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads