Olympus Stylus 410 (mju 410 Digital) review

Started May 1, 2005 | User reviews
JPG
JPG
Senior MemberPosts: 1,203
Like?
Olympus Stylus 410 (mju 410 Digital) review
May 1, 2005

I've had this camera for over a year before giving it to my wife. Since she is non-technical, I thought it would be ideal for her because it is so easy to use, -with reservations (see below). The stylus is perhaps the most solid and well built p/s camera on the market for less then $500.00, -and it can go anywhere, rain or shine. not only is it well built, but it's all metal body looks it, and it's perhaps one of the most stylish cameras as well. It is quick and has long battery life, small enough to put in your pocket, yet not too small that it's awkward to work with. Operational buttens are well placed. This is a very difficult camera not to like.

Problems:

And now for my 'reservations': Who's kooky idea was it to have an incompletely written manual were you would have to continuelly refer to it's CD to complete the instructions? It would have been all to easy to just have written everything out in the manual.
Someone reported that the Stylus 500 wasn't as good as the Stylus 410. All that would have to have been done to the 410 was raise the pixel count to five, increased the LCD monitor to 2", leaving room for the view finder and increase that great 215,000 pixels that the 500 has.

JPG's score
Average community score
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads