Sony Cyber-shot DSC-P72 review

Started Jun 19, 2005 | User reviews
lee chiang
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-P72 review
Jun 19, 2005

I had the dsp p72 for over a year and was relatively happy. Now, because I'm a camera newbie, and I'm just learning for now, but I did start noticing that lots of my shots were producing blurred photos (I have kids, lots of action shot or just plain old restless kids). I'd say that atleast half of my shots would result in a person or part of a person being blurry. Still shots were not a problem

Next came the image quality. Now, my previous point and shot (non-digital) was a yashica w/ carl zeiss. My shots were stunning in colour. So this is what I had to compare it to (unfortunately). Anycase, I knew full well that I wasn't getting a zeiss lense.

The kicker however came one day when my buddy and I went to a park with our kids and were together taking shots. Same subjects, same conditions. Well later when we got back and he sent me his shots, I was blown away by colour depths. He has a canon vivid-colour (sorry forgot the model).

One other problem I encountered is the body of the camera. Everytime I go to take a video shot, the noise of the release button would make this very unsavoury plasticky squeak. So all my videos start with this squeak.

Eventually my son dropped it and now it's dead. So I've picked up a nikon minolta z3 and am very excited to see if it will aliviate one of my main concerns, blurring. It will be nice to have burst shots of up to 10fps, movie mode at 30fps and awesome zoom.

That's it from me. Not very technical in review but I really felt that I owe it to reviewers to hear my experience.

Cheers,
Lee
aspirewebsolutions_dot_ca

Problems:

blurred shots
slow start up time
slow consequitive shooting
noisey release button
poor quality of shots

lee chiang's score
Average community score
Keyboard shortcuts: