Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX7 review

Started Jul 7, 2005 | User reviews
Mikee
Senior MemberPosts: 1,730Gear list
Like?
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX7 review
Jul 7, 2005

It took me a couple days to realize this camera was the compact camera for me. A couple days may be a short period of time, but it took a good 10 or so hours of research (on and off of course) before finalizing my decision.

I have to be honest, I'm a very bias Sony and Canon user for the simple fact that my last 5 digital cameras have been of those brands (Sony: Mavica, F707, T1) (Canon digital rebel and 20d). However, I just couldn't escape the fact that this compact camera is fantastic not only in looks, but function.

Everyone already has stated this cameras great qualities, so I really don't want to sound like an echo.

The images can come off a little noisy in dark spots, shadows, etc. but I don't think anyone is expecting to get crystal clear 8 by 10 prints.

I will take a crappy battery life, over crappy pictures any day (sorry T1).

The lack of resolution in the LCD is not a problem. If you're scared the picture might be blurry and can't tell on play back, take a few more. An Ultra II 512 SD card is going for pretty cheap now a days, I got mine for 39 bucks at Circuit City.

I dont see a lack of color in my photos at all with this camera. I've been estatic that my skin looks my color, even with the flash. Gotta love Leica.

Holding the camera is a piece of cake. One of the best feels for a compact camera.

The design on the camera also caught my attention, especially the black version. It's timeless. Very classy, sleek, modern, but also very vintage, rugged, and mean. You get the best of both worlds.

This camera is a definite A+ for the photographer who wants a compact, nice looking, digital camera that actually takes fantastic quality photos.

Problems:

I don't have a problem with this camera, however it does get a bit hot when used intensively. I've only read two user comments about this, and I fear that I may have got a "bad copy" or it could just be a case of paranoia. Who knows? Maybe I should get the extra 3 year warranty just in case. Any suggestions?

Oh! I do have a problem... I can't seem to find any accessories for this camera. Nothing. I may just have to settle for an ugly case at besbuy or something.

Mikee's gear list:Mikee's gear list
Sony Alpha 7 Sony FE 55mm F1.8 RX100 III Canon EOS 5D Mark III Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM +3 more
Mikee's score
Average community score
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads