Olympus IR-300 review

Started Aug 28, 2005 | User reviews
Jeza
Forum MemberPosts: 64
Like?
Olympus IR-300 review
Aug 28, 2005

I bought the IR 300 a couple of weeks ago and have been pleasantly surprised. I actually went in to the store to buy the Canon IXUS 50 (or SD 400 as it's known in the States) but it was a little too pricey for me and I saw the IR 300. Not that "looks" matter AT ALL, but it's a sleek white colour and only 1mm thicker than the Canon and about 9 mm longer but it actually felt lighter. It's PERFECT for just putting in your pocket. Although it is quite small, it feels solid in the hand and durable ...

The 2.0 inch LCD screen which has 206,000 pixels (about double many other LCD screens) is also scratchproof ... if it scratches in the slightest, it can be returned. The 3x optical zoom works internally so there's not pushing out of the lens.

Most importantly, the photos are really good. There are about 17 scene modes (no manual controls) ... the flash is great and there's the "soft flash" option which has also been useful ...

Movie mode was quite good... pic quality is pretty good. There are undoubtedly many cameras that give better pic and movie quality etc ... but if you want a small pocketable camera you can take with you everywhere, I strongly recommend this one. Very good for the price and size...

Problems:

None yet

Jeza's score
Average community score
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads