Fujifilm FinePix A340 review

Started Sep 10, 2005 | User reviews
MCFFLYER
Forum MemberPosts: 71Gear list
Like?
Fujifilm FinePix A340 review
Sep 10, 2005

I'm writing this review because I bought the camera for my daughter as a "go off to college" camera. Although I only took a few shots with it, I have seen the photos that she took, and am probably more familiar with the controls of the camera than she was.

I said was because the camera didn't quite last a year, but it was not Fuji's fault. My daughter either sat on it, or whacked it against something, cracking the screen, ruining it. Certainly it wasn't worth trying to fix, so it was sent to recycling.

That said, the camera was about perfect for an 18 year old off to a university in Oregon. She didn't need, nor would use, a more complex camera, and so this A340 served her well, in the quality of what you'd expect for a camera of this price range.

There were two parts of the camera that she didn't care for, the sliding lens cover and the fact that there was no sound on the videos she'd shoot.

The camera was replaced with the next generation of Fuji's low end cameras, the A345. It has a retractable lens, similar to the operation to my E550 (although wayyy slower). It's also smaller than the A340, and she appreciates that.

Problems:

There were no real problems, per se, with the camera, just occasionally you do bump up against its limitations.

MCFFLYER's gear list:MCFFLYER's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix E550 Zoom Fujifilm FinePix S602 Zoom Fujifilm FinePix S9100 Fujifilm FinePix HS20 EXR Fujifilm X-S1 +2 more
MCFFLYER's score
Average community score
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads