Fujifilm FinePix F401 Zoom review

Started Sep 20, 2005 | User reviews
yellowdfp
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Fujifilm FinePix F401 Zoom review
Sep 20, 2005

Good but now broken (see problems). I bought this camera new 3 years ago and have liked it very much. It cost a now rather expensive looking £350 and has done everything I could have wanted of a first-time digital camera. True, by todays standards, the LCD screen is small, startup times rather slow and movie quality low. Having said that, rechargable battery life has always been excellent, case is quality metal build, voice memo and composition grid overlay features have been useful and PictureCradle 'docking' station sadly missed from many newer cameras. Picture quality has always been very good. Have now bought FujiFilm F10 Zoom as replacement.

Problems:

As others have observed here, there may be a reliability problem. After 3 years of light use, always well looked after, never knocked or dropped, the camera suddenly stopped working. On power on, the lense deploys but the LCD screen remians blank and no pictures can be taken. Playback mode still works and can be used to retract the lense again. FujiFilm has quoted a total repair cost of £100 (£65 in parts). Camera is long out of 1 year warentee and it does not seem economical to repair. I will now be selling for spares. Real shame.

yellowdfp's score
Average community score
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads