Pentax Optio S40 review

Started Sep 22, 2005 | User reviews
Ben77
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Pentax Optio S40 review
Sep 22, 2005

Please don't buy this camera and be very cautious about buying others in this series

Problems:

Problems from beginning. The camera ate up the most expensive (around $8 or $9 aussie dollars) non-rechargeable batteries in around 1/2 an hour. Quality rechargeable batteries set me back another $90 after a failed $30 experiment with lesser quality rechargeables. Then occasionally the camera wouldn't turn on despite the batteries being fully charged. I was about to take it back and when this problem suddenly disappeared. I have since read reviews stating the same problem.

I spent some months getting frustrated by the cameras poor reponse time, dark photos, poor colour and terrible blurriness in low light (using both a tripod and timer). Then I dropped the camera putting a small dint in the corner. The camera worked as per usual for a couple more months when the original problem of the camera not turning on returned. The people I bought it from said that the lens did not look damaged and that they had seen this problem before. I sent it away and 6 weeks later they told me that the camera was not under warranty (because I dropped it). They also said that the camera would not be under warranty anyway because the serial STICKER had fallen off (they've got to be joking) and that it would cost me $260 to fix the broken lens (which apparently looked fine in the shop). Finally they said if I wanted to get the camera back unrepaired it will cost me $30.

DO NOT BUY THIS CAMERA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ben77's score
Average community score
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads