Pentax Optio S5z review

Started Sep 30, 2005 | User reviews
Joely
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Pentax Optio S5z review
Sep 30, 2005

Hey Guy, just wanted to post something as there has only really been 1 other post about the camera. I have to say when u see this camera u wont believe how much stuff it has got jammed packed into it. It also is one of the most asthetically pleasing cameras to look at that i have ever seen. Overall everything on it is excellent except photo's taken at a distance. As the lens is so small (and as i have read in other forums) it does not allow too much light into the lens and the flash doesnt work to well at long distances. I would highly recommend this camera obviously just as a nice happy-snaps camera. One for parties and family photo's but not much else. Thats what its basically made to do anyway. Overall excellent value for money and a great point and shoot camera, just dont go taking lots of night shots of things far away and huge landscape shots. Plus the Video mode is excellent VGA quality! in such a small camera

Problems:

I havent really encounted any problems with it. Even the battery life is better then expected, i can easily fill up my 512SD card without worrying about the camera. The only problem i had was actually my fault. I sticky taped the camera to a remote control car and then accidently crashed it into a wall and cracked the moveable lens on the side. Camera Still works a treat just a large crack in it. Cant really blame Pentax for that now can we :\

Joely's score
Average community score
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads