Sony Cyber-shot DSC-S60 review

Started Oct 27, 2005 | User reviews
DrHorton_1
New MemberPosts: 22
Like?
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-S60 review
Oct 27, 2005

I am extremely impressed with this camera. I was looking to get a digital camera for the past few weeks and I looked at the Sony S40, S60, S90, W5 and W7 at my local Circuit City store. I took numerous pictures in the store with each camera and found that the pictures from the S60 and S90 looked better than the others with more accurate color and since I don't ever plan to print anything any bigger than 8 1/2" X 11", the 4.1 megapixels are more than enough for me. The only difference between the S60 and S90 is the slightly bigger screen and rechargeable batteries with the S90. For some reason when I compared the two cameras side by side, The S60 with the slightly smaller screen looked alot sharper and less grainy than the S90. Since I already own plenty of rechargeable AA batteries and Circuit City had an open box S60 for $179.99, I went for the S60. About 300 pictures later I am really happy with the way the pictures look printed out or right on the computer screen. A+++ Highly recommended by me!

Problems:

I don't care too much for the built-in memory since I like to take my memory card to local stores and have prints made. I bought a 128MB memory stick that holds 65 pictures at the highest resolution and since the camera lets you copy the internal memory right to a memory stick, this is not really a problem.

The metallic paint used on the body scuffs very easily.

DrHorton_1's score
Average community score
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads