Sony Cyber-shot DSC-T5 review

Started Nov 10, 2005 | User reviews
Roger Sim
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-T5 review
Nov 10, 2005

I'm a pretty serious photographer and I always love to have a camera with me where ever I go - including scrambling up difficult terrain. As soon as I had the T5 in my hands I fell in love with it. It felt well built and there is a lot of engineering behind the design. I needed a camera that would fit comfortably in my pocket. I was just expecting a simple good quality point and shoot camera - however after a few days exploring all it's features - I found that this is much more of a camera than I expected - but also extremely simple to use.
The LCD screen is remarkable - I can actually use it under bright sunlight. While on the side of a cliff hanging on for dear life with one hand, my other hand can take out the camera, turn it on, frame the picture, and even tweek the exposure - that is if I feel there is the need -using the on screen histogram. Doing all this under full sunlight! Another surprise was it's ability to make pretty good movies at 30 fps.. However I was disappointed when I could not import the Sony mpg format files into Pinnacle for editing. The camera has a super macro 'magnify' mode, getting shots as close as 1 cm from the lens! I could go on and on - This camera has more to it than I can give you here. It doesn't give me the quality I get from my heavy SLR but certainly good enough for those photos I would have never captured otherwise. I highly recommend this camera for the pro or for the busy mom with her hands full trying to herd the family through Disneyland. She can take good quality photos or capture good quality video - and she won't have to squint or shade the LCD screen from the sun.

Problems:

I've been using this camera over a month and have no problems to report.

Roger Sim's score
Average community score
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads