Samsung Digimax V800 review

Started Jan 20, 2006 | User reviews
Eric Swift
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Samsung Digimax V800 review
Jan 20, 2006

I have just bought another V800 having lost the first. I am very pleased with this camera it is easy to use and gives excellent results particularly on 7 or 8 milliom pixel settings. The auto focus works extremely well and colours are rich and life like. Although there does tend to be slight burn out in bright skies particularly with dark subjects but this is not unusual. The camera comes with a large instruction book but there is a quick start guide for the less patient. There is also a battery charger and a selection of leads.
The camera has a movie mode using MPEG4 compression which gives approximately half an hour of filming at 640 x 480 at 30fps using a 512 mb SD card. The movies are of a reasonable quality but if you want good quality then buy a cine camera. I would not recommend the lower settings.
The camera is a perfect point and shoot with a very quick response and a large display screen to help compose pictures.
The camera is certainly value for money being on special offer at Dixons an outlet I am normally loathe to use. I would certainly recommend this camera having used several others.

Problems:

There are two drawbacks:-
1) In very bright conditions it is difficult to make out features on the display screen and there is no viewfinder to help.
2) The sound could be improved. I have only used it a few times and the recording do seem to vary in quality. The problem could of course be me.

Eric Swift's score
Average community score
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads