Sony Cyber-shot DSC-S90 review

Started Jan 31, 2006 | User reviews
rick
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,539
Like?
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-S90 review
Jan 31, 2006

Sony needs to keep more things here then they should change, and thats the first thing I would say. This camera is like stew, all different ingredients. The newer chips make Sony color even more impressive if thats possible. This camera defines Sonys digital imaging because even though its a cheap camera and not the best lens, its an extremely Sony looking image with newest chips ..not bad in my book, considering their imaging in my eyes keeps getting better from years ago. This camera has accurate colors and real looking shots. The photo taking process is pretty fast also and has nice size Lcd screen. The thing I like about it is its like getting dsc-40 with a fairly larger lens. The contrasty images are very schizophrenic; appealing at some level and then unappealing after too many photos lose brightness and become uneven with patches of darkness and brightness that are too much so. The most important parts of this camera, gives the user such hope for greatness on the lcd screen: The colors are great and look sharp on the lcd screen but once on the computer the colors still look great but the outlines look less crisp and not as sharp all around especially indoor. So much to still like but the camera just misses being a 4.5 or a 5. Still for the price an excellent camera and the only 4 rated camera I would think of keeping ..lol

Problems:

The problems for me is in the lack of sharpness ( some might call it slightly blurry) in their newer chip , and blown highlights outside and too much contrast ( dark areas and light areas , not even) . The contrasting images could be appealing at times but after awhile you wish you had a better eveness .

rick's score
Average community score
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads