Casio Exilim EX-Z110 review

Started Feb 14, 2006 | User reviews
scanfie
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Casio Exilim EX-Z110 review
Feb 14, 2006

I used the camera a couple weeks before writing this review. I’m submitting it because I find owner reviews very helpful to me when choosing a camera.

I own a Fujifilm FinePix S7000 and am very happy with it. The Z110 is replacing a Minolta Dimage Z1 (which I was also a very happy with).

I was searching for a good pocketable camera in the $300 range. Some I took a real close look at were the Canon PowerShot A520, Olympus Stylus 500, Panasonic DMC-FX7, Casio Exilim EX-Z57, Samsung Digimax A50, Fujifilm FinePix E510, Fujifilm FinePix F10, and a couple Pentex Optio models.

I purchased the Casio Exilim Z110 for under $200, and it has features many of the more expensive cameras I was considering don’t have. I can carry it in my pocket, it has a large display screen (and a view finder), it uses double A batteries, and has manual controls if I want to use them. I took about 150 pictures on one pair of batteries (2000 mah NMH rechargeables) and many of them were with flash.

This camera may not be the ultimate in digital photographic perfection, but if you’re shopping for a pocket size camera in the $200 range, you are not seeking perfection. If you’re seeking a great little camera, this is it.

Problems:

The on/off button can be accidentally pushed while the camera is in your pocket or pack. I think the camera has a sensor, if the lens does not extend freely, the camera returns to off.

scanfie's score
Average community score
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads