Pentax Optio 430RS review

Started Mar 2, 2006 | User reviews
Joncho
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Pentax Optio 430RS review
Mar 2, 2006

Well, this camera is indeed not one that gives mindblowing results. It will cost a lot of photoshop hours to get a satisfying image.

I bought this camera for about € 399 euros in 2002 and was one of the first 4 MP cameras at the time, this was the first and last time that I thought more is better.

Most pictures lack of detail, and contain, even shooting at ISO 100 (minimum, maximum is 200), a lot of noise.

Some positive points on this camera are the construction and it's handling. The body is very solid, usefull when you're, for example skiing, and often have the risk of falling.
You have to fall real hard if you want this camera in several pieces.

This camera offers a really easy to use interface, even at manual shooting, most novice photographers can get some nice results (apart from the image quality).

If you want to take a look at my results with this camera, take a look at http://findecano.gfxartist.com, mind that these are the results of hours of work in Photoshop, and still there's some noise visible.

I can't really recommend this camera to anyone, there are farby better alternatives today for anyone who wants compact camera with a strong solid body and reasonable image quality.

The good side:

Body

Handling

Battery life

The bad side:

Poor image quality

Bad focus

High noise levels

Just two ISO settings, 100 and 200

Joncho's score
Average community score
Keyboard shortcuts: